11 March 2008

Day 3, Vienna

Vienna is beautiful! After a scenic train ride from Salzburg to Vienna we spent the afternoon on a walking tour of the city. Gina admired the dogs and Thomas took pictures of statues. Most of the pictures below are from the walking tour.



Train station in Salzburg with the Alps in the distance
Our group in the lobby of the hotel in Vienna. For more on our beautiful hotel, click here.
A nice dog park in central Vienna with the parliament building in the background
Horses ready for a carriage ride
Shadow: dogs in Vienna hunt pigeons, not squirrels!
A Lippinzaner stallion in his stable. These horses will visit Greensboro in a few days as part of their US tour.

Great photo of a statue

Ornate tile roof of St. Stephen's Cathedral

4 comments:

John said...

Your doggies took care of me yesterday when I got sick. Right now it is like the movie Alien around here - one after another a member of the crew goes down,victim of the bug. Yesterday it was me - in bed for 24 hours, but right by my side were the three furry little ones. Bella slept in the bed with me, except when the big bad witch came and found her.

I am glad you like Vienna - we did too. I see from the paper that it is fairly warm in Vienna - mid 50s. Good for you. It is 65 here, and everyone who is well is going riding.

Pop

John said...

Delphi follows me around like Shadow does. Bella puts her hands up and wants me to rub her fingers. Bella will stay by me outside on the front porch - we laid in the sun for a while today.

John said...

Thursday morning.

Some blog.....We never hear from you. I keep showing the dogs the pictures and they say, "Nothing new?"

Steve has gone fishing today. Linda Dubose came to visit the baby yesterday. All the Canadians go home on Friday morning.

Delphi is saying she might not want to go back to North Carolina. She says she thinks there is a plot to kill her there. I asked Bella what she thinks and she said, "I don't."

Pop

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you both are having such a great time. (and the doggies sound like they are in heaven :)

When do you visit your family Thomas?

Scott and I are having a great time in CA, we are off to ride beach cruisers at Huntington Beach. Yesterday we did LA (Olivera Street, Rodeo Drive, and Santa Monica pier) We picked up gifts for each of you, Thomas, Scott picked yours out himself (don't worry Gina, I picked yours out!) hehe

Oh and we can take you both home from the airport so no need to worry, could you let me know your flight info and we will wait for you after we get in.

Miss ya both!