24 July 2008

Disaster

Well, almost. Tonight two of us left our music in Rimouski. I was one of them, naturally. The boys had no choice but to drive an hour and a half round trip to fetch the parts, which were on a chair in my living room. So the concert started an hour late. It's the first time in 7-8 years that something like this happened on the tour and of course I was mortified to have played a part in it. But the audience was very cheerful about the whole thing, and with a shortened intermission and "lively" tempi, we finished the concert by 10:30.

I couldn't tell what the venue was going to be like beforehand. I've been struggling with my French and to me, Foyer Jesus-Marie de Trois Pistoles only means: Fireplace Jesus Mary of Three Pistols. It turned out to be a convent and retirement home. The ladies there were so kind. They prepared delicious cookies and punch for us and really made us feel welcome. The concert went well, and it was a nice evening in the end.

No comments: